SEO, otherwise known as search engine optimization, originally consisted of only keyword research and on-site optimization. While these are both still large components of SEO, there are many other precedent elements, as it has evolved over time. Here are some elements of SEO that are important in order to reach digital marketing success for your business.
- Focus less on individual keywords and more on user intent. When creating the content for your site, focus on the questions you believe your target audience will ask rather than one or two keyword slogans. What matters is the intent behind what customers are looking for.
- Mobile marketing strategies are a must. Today, so much research and purchases are done on mobile devices rather than desktops. Every inch of your site must be optimized for mobile.
- Focus on relationship building. In order for your site to reach high search rankings, your site must have more than just keyword-rich content. You must put emphasis on making relationships with brand advocates and social media influences.
- Your audience should find value in your content. A site with poorly written content will have a very difficult time getting and keeping an audience. A site’s content should be interesting, unique, and insightful. Content should also be shared on mobile. Sharing content allows more people to see it, thus improving your organic search rankings.
- Optimize your on-page content. Keywords must be incorporated in the URL, title and heading tags, in image captions and tags, and all throughout your content.
- Use an integrated SEO approach rather than a segmented one. Social media, SEO, and content marketing all work together. A company’s presence on social media has been shown to increase search rankings because the engines will view your content as credible. In today’s world, social media is no longer something that is nice to have, but rather something that businesses must have.
It’s important to focus on content marketing in your web strategies. New York content marketers will help your business rise to success.